Lee-Anne Bennett EyelashextensionsinOakville. January 19 2016
We all love the benefits and beauty of eyelash extensions, but with anything comes the extra maintenance and costs to keep you looking your best. We love keeping our clients as well as their wallets happy. Here are a few do’s and don’ts that could salvage your wallet and extend the life of your lashes.
- Don’t rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions. This can cause lash-loss and even damage to your natural lashes. Make sure to be gentle when washing and drying your face.
- Keep water away from your lashes for the first 2-4 hours after application or touch ups. Water can weaken the adhesive before it is set, and cause lashes to fall off.
- Never use any oil-based products or makeup removers around the eye area. Using these products can cause the adhesive’s bond to break down and decrease the life of your eyelash extensions. Oil free is the way to go –
- Do not use water-proof mascara on your lash extensions. Products used to remove water-proof mascara, tend to be damaging to lash extensions and the bond of the adhesive.
- For longer lasting extensions, try an eyelash serum. Eyelash Serum5 by Misencil is an inexpensive serum that has wonderful results. It is always a good idea to use a serum during your experience with eyelash extensions as they promote healthy growth of your natural eyelashes and therefore the longevity of your eyelash extensions. It can be easily applied morning and night, and to boot our serum is hormone free.